[Ed Note: In the vast category of tools that transform iPad into a serious business apparatus, above all, Omni Group products represent the pinnacle of commercially-based apps. Read some of our recent articles about the suite of Omni apps - my favorite is this one.]
SEATTLE, WA — 06/07/12 — The Omni Group, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, today announced the release of OmniPlan for iPad, completing its commitment to bring its five premium apps to the popular mobile computing platform. The iPad version of the company’s organization and planning tool, OmniPlan, offers many of the popular features included in the Mac edition like enhanced collaboration, change tracking and smart scheduling, with the added convenience of on-the-go access.
The workplace has changed dramatically in the past ten years and the workday is no longer limited to the time you are in the office. With the advent of mobile devices, many organizations and working professionals are adopting an anytime, anywhere approach to work. Today, people not only need the flexibility to work from their homes and remote locations, but they also require applications that enhance productivity and increase collaboration across product teams.
“We are excited to reach this important milestone of bringing the full suite of our core productivity apps to the iPad,” said Ken Case, CEO and founder of the Omni Group. “The team worked extremely hard to redesign OmniPlan especially for the iPad. The result is an intuitive, user-friendly app that helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be no matter where you are.”
OmniPlan for iPad includes powerful features specifically designed to help manage projects and workflows on the go. The features include:
- Enhanced Collaboration - Allows users to share and update projects between collaborators, including availability of resources. OmniPlan for iPad also enables users to sync entire projects between devices using a WebDAV server. This functionality gives users the ability to download new changes automatically. Additionally, OmniPlan for iPad provides change tracking, which allows all team members working on a project to review changes made in a document.
- Smart Scheduling - Features smart scheduling, which enables users to account for the variance in a schedule of an individual resource or the project as a whole. It also allows users to schedule projects backwards from a fixed end date, and includes the ability to level a project automatically or manually.
- Enriched Resource Allocation - Provides the ability to manage resource allocation for both people and tools. It also features a task splitting tool that allows users to divide the time of a task to fit around specific interruptions, and can create hammock tasks that have start and end dates based on user-defined prerequisites. Finally, OmniPlan for iPad includes visual timelines that allow users to see a complete project visually and violation notifications that keep the team updated regarding any potential scheduling conflicts.
- Multiple Filters and Baselines - Focus on exactly what you need to see with custom filters. Narrow your scope by Resource, Status, Type, or Date Range. Users can also create, save, and compare multiple baselines to give a better glance at the history of a project.
- Compatibility with OmniPlan 2.0 - OmniPlan for iPad is compatible with OmniPlan 2.0 for Mac. Users can sign up for the free Omni Sync Server to share projects and resource loads with others, or to simply sync with OmniPlan 2.0.
OmniPlan for iPad offers a mobile, streamlined and intuitive interface for both basic planning options and more in-depth functionality. From customizable views to fast data entry, OmniPlan helps users manage complex projects without requiring you to learn a complex software program.
OmniPlan for iPad is available for $49.99 in the Mac App Store. For more information about OmniPlan for iPad, please visit http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omniplan-ipad.
About the Omni Group
One of the first companies to develop software for the Mac OS X platform, today, the Omni Group is a leading developer for Apple products and has designed and engineered an array of Mac, iPad and iPhone tools for productive creativity. Founded in 1993, the Omni Group is located in Seattle.
(206) 282-4923 ext. 117